Competitive advantage isn’t about size anymore, it’s about speed. It’s about giving customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it – which is now. TIBCO Software gets information and activities flowing across big companies so they have the awareness and agility they need to stay ahead of shifting conditions and customer demands. TIBCO delivers this “Power of Now” with integration software that connects incompatible IT assets, process management software that orchestrates systems and people, and a range of other software products that enable the real-time processing and presentation of information.
In forward-thinking IT departments around the world TIBCO is synonymous with extreme performance, scalability and reliability. 47 of the world’s top 100 companies, including giants like Delta Air lines, FedEx, Merrill Lynch and Telecom Italia are TIBCO customers
The TIBCO Products and Technology Group is responsible for the creation of new software products, the continued innovation and development of existing products and the on-going support of those products through the full product life-cycle. All of our award winning products are “Enterprise Strength” and cover areas including Business Process Management, Messaging, Integration and Business-to-Business. Our software helps many of the largest blue chip companies to reduce their costs, improve customer service and go-to-market capability, and increase overall competitive edge in the market.
With over 500 P&T employees, across North America, Europe, and India, the department includes architecture, software engineering, technical authoring, quality assurance, project management and product support. The group is responsible for developing world leading products working with a multitude of technologies including Java/J2EE, Eclipse, Windows, Unix, Oracle, SQL Server, DB/2 and XML
The Global Support organization at TIBCO provides technical Product Support services to our customers. As a member of this world-wide team, you will help debug and solve problems that may arise during the implementation of complex solutions by external and internal customers using our products. You will be responsible for gathering information about the reported problem, researching for known problems and workarounds, establishing the configuration and steps to reproduce the problem, and recreating the problem in a lab environment. Once the problem is understood, you are also responsible to identify workarounds or to collaborate with engineering to get a fix or a patch to the client as needed to keep their system operational. You might be expected to work on one of more of the following products - TIBCO BusinessWorks and related connectors/plugins, Scribe, BPM, TIBCO Cloud Services, and many more.
This role requires a lot of focus on problem solving and innovative thinking. Identifying solutions by understanding the problem requires a great deal of technical expertise so you should have the appetite to hone your existing skills and learn new ones as you continue working on some of the most challenging customer problems.
You will be joining a team where colleagues with different competencies work closely together to solve challenging tasks. There are always engaged people with lots of commitment and energy around you. You will find an energetic, welcoming and informal work environment that supports collaboration and creativity to make success happen. Many of us choose to stay here for a long time.
● Strong and well polished troubleshooting and analytical skills that can be used to guide their teams in resolving customer reported problems. A Product Support Manager suggests creative and effective solutions or workarounds to the most complex problems.
● Takes responsibility for managing the tactical direction of their teams.
● Responsible for defining and managing the strategic direction of their teams to meet cost and schedule commitments.
● Takes responsibility for making judgment calls within the scope of their products.
● Takes responsibility for resolving personnel issues within their teams.
● Mentors their Sr. Support Engineers and Technical Leads to further develop their technical and managerial skills.
● Actively fosters an environment of cooperation and teamwork.
● Strong promoter of management visions and initiatives.
● Takes responsibility for managing and minimizing SR aging and problem SRs within their product set and reporting potential issues to upper management.
● Develop a strong working relationship with the Engineering, PM, and QA teams for their products to assure seamless flow of information in both directions.
● Professional and polished internal and external communications a Support Manager helps to manage customer expectations and difficult customer relationships.
● Takes responsibility for monitoring high severity issues and escalations within their teams and keeping management informed.
● Takes responsibility for defining and managing staff training and career growth.
● Works closely with, and takes direction from, a Sr. Product Support Manager or Director.
● May need to work in the following shifts on a rotation basis:
○ APAC / Early morning shift (~4:30 am - 1:30 pm IST)
○ EMEA shift (~12:30 pm - 9:30 pm IST)
○ US East shift (~3 pm - 12 am IST)
○ US West or night shift (~9:00 pm - 6 am IST)
● Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent (BE/ME/MCA) with 8-13 years of relevant IT experience.
● At least 2-3 years of prior experience as a manager or a team lead in a customer facing technical role.
● Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Enjoys working with people
● Strong customer-orientated attitude
● High level of personal motivation
● Proven capability to own, drive and take responsibility.
● Ability to work in an international multi site environment
● Working knowledge of programming languages (JAVA/ C/ C++/.Net) and debugging skills.
● Reasonable understanding of Unix and Windows operating systems and ability to simulate / debug problems on these.
● Working knowledge of several of these technologies: J2EE, JMS, XML/XPATH, Web services, web development, app/web servers, networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP will be an added advantage.
● Working knowledge of databases (Oracle /SQL server / DB2) and proficient in writing / analysing SQL queries.
● Nice to have (any of these):
○ Product/Application support experience, JAVA / Database certification,
○ TIBCO product knowledge/experience,
○ Knowledge of different Authentication/Authorization mechanisms e.g. Basic, OAuth, Kerberos etc.
○ Knowledge of Cloud technologies and different services e.g. AWS, Docker, RedShift..etc
○ TLS/SSL concepts and its working mechanism.
Process management, memory management , performance tuning, application scaling etc
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.
You are now being redirected to complete your application
Sign up for alerts on jobs like this one!
You are now being redirected to complete your application