About Cloud Software Group
Cloud Software Group combines the capabilities of both Citrix and TIBCO, creating one of the world’s largest cloud software providers, serving more than 100 million users around the globe. When you join Cloud Software Group, you are making a difference for real people, each of whom count on our suite of cloud solutions to get work done – from anywhere. Members of our team will tell you that we value diverse lived experiences, varied perspectives, and having the courage to take risks. Our teams are encouraged to learn, dream, and build the future of work. We are on the brink of another Cambrian leap - a moment of immense evolution and growth. And we need your expertise and experience to do it. Now is the perfect time to move your skills to the cloud
Cloud Software Group (“CS Group”) is seeking a Commercial Transactions Attorney for a globally focused legal team to review supplier facing contracts and agreements, negotiate inbound vendor agreements, and outbound revenue agreements (software licenses, SaaS, and services agreement) for both direct customer and alliance partners, and support CS Group’s other legal activities on an as-needed basis. He/she will also oversee the growth of contract management policies, processes and systems to ensure efficient contract life cycle management operations providing legal advice and support to a busy team in a fast-paced and evolving environment. The Commercial Transactions Attorney will report to the VP, Americas Legal.
What You'll Do
· Draft, review, and negotiate contractual language and terms for outbound sales agreements of CS Group products to both direct customers and alliance/OEM partners.
· Draft, review, and negotiate contracts for inbound purchasing agreements, including purchases related to real estate, facilities, marketing, human resources, information technology, and other departments.
· Help develop and maintain a library of standard agreements and terms for both outbound and inbound agreements.
· Contribute to the holistic negotiation of agreements with customers and suppliers that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality, and risk mitigation.
· Assist with the implementation and application of supplier risk management policies and governance, including but not limited to appraisal, assessment, on-boarding, risk and performance monitoring, policy compliance, and communication.
· Liaise with internal legal experts to ensure applicability and sufficiency of security and privacy practices (e.g. GDPR, Employment, Compliance, FCPA, UK Antibribery Law, InfoSec etc.)
· Assist in the establishment, implementation, and communication of formal policies, processes and procedures to governing customers and suppliers.
· Assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management policies and process.
· Perform industry research on legal matters related to customers and suppliers managed as well applicable legislation in various regions where the firm has offices.
· Stay abreast of and contribute to sourcing and procurement’s professional trends and functional innovation particularly around legal and contractual matters
Who You Are
· J.D. required.
· 5-10 years or more of transactional legal experience. Existing knowledge of procurement commodities, including technology, staffing, operations, facilities, services and other non-technology related areas a plus
· Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate and analyze impact and consequences of decisions/initiatives and recommendations
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task by prioritizing and tracking multiple projects and deadlines. Experience handling and managing large projects simultaneously
· Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent communication skills with exemplary telephone, in person, and online etiquette coupled with the ability to build relationships and adapt approach to different audiences
· Extremely detail oriented with strong editing skills
· Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately and with a high level of discretion
· Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public
· Multi-jurisdictional knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code and other laws and regulations pertaining to the solicitation and award of contracts
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team member and with minimal supervision to maximize team results
· Team player that enjoys working with a wide variety of senior executives and various levels of management and can work effectively both independently and in groups
· Understanding of software revenue recognition principles;
· Experience with intellectual property matters;
· Understanding of how an in-house legal department interacts with sales and other corporate divisions in a Sarbanes-Oxley world;
· Knowledge of or experience with data privacy laws including GDPR, HIPAA, HITECH, and their implementing regulations a plus; and
· Proficient with use of Microsoft Office components, Google workspace suite, and other desktop software.
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.
You are now being redirected to complete your application
Sign up for alerts on jobs like this one!
You are now being redirected to complete your application